Chocolate Chip Cookies- Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free
We just got home from Paris, and I'm going to need a few days to go through photos and charm you all with their inevitable beauty. But, for today, I have something almost as good.
Healthy. Chocolate Chip. Cookies. Mic Drop.
Yup, and I didn't make them up (baking is not my forte) so I can guarantee you they are good. I got this recipe via The Betty Rocker and she adapted it from Detoxinista. These are soft, flavorful, and melt-in-your-mouth almost cookie dough-like cookies.
Perfect for post-Paris recovery, Sunday nights, or really... anytime you have a sweet tooth. I found that I happened to have all of these ingredients already in my pantry, so that basically just sweetened the deal.
Clean Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 T vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup dark chocolate pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix eggs, vanilla, maple syrup and coconut oil in a bowl. Beat well.
- Add in salt and coconut flour. The coconut flour will absorb the liquids in the batter quickly and REALLY well. So you don't need to add more.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto a parchment lined baking sheet, and flatten them with the back of the spoon as they will not spread on their own.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until bottoms are beginning to turn golden.
- Let cool 5 mins, then throw down your throat.
That's it. They were warm, gooey and made transitioning back to home a little more bearable. C'est bon!
xx And see you back here Friday!